In the Internet world most of our important data specially pictures are stored on the remote servers via photo sharing sites. In this case it is necessary to keep it safe from unwanted access. So how to pick the cost effective service to keep photos secure from unwanted access? Here are some easy tips for you to choose the best service.
1. Read Terms and Conditions carefully: While you sign up for any image sharing portal, make sure to read the ToS and FAQ section carefully otherwise your personal images could land up in some of the public places and you can’t do anything because its mentioned already in the terms of service.
2. Check for alternative option: Most of the photo sharing sites doesn’t allow you to download the high resolution images free whereas uploading is free. So incase you want to move to some other service, you need to pay some money to get the high quality images. So check this condition before sign-up for any photo-sharing service.
3. Account active state: Several photo sites deletes an image after three to six months or if you don’t login to your account frequently. There are some sites like Shutterfly and Snapfish that can retrieve the deleted images by holding it for sometime.
4. Data Backup: It is always good to have a backup in the form of CD or DVD. You can even zip the files and then upload it to megaupload or other uploading sites and share it with your loved ones.
5. Refund Policy: If you are opting for paid service then check for their refund policy. Always chose sites that offers refund incase you are not satisfied with the service.
6. Use Social Networking Sites: For easy sharing pics with your friends and family, you can use Facebook or Orkut as the image sharing medium.
I hope these simple tips will help you in choosing the best photo sharing site for you. If you have used any of them and want to share your experience, feel free to comment.